Title: Social Media + Email Marketing Manager
15-20 hours a week with room to advance.
Pay will be determined by experience.
Do you tweet, share, and post to social media in your sleep? Do you know what it takes to grow an online community? We're looking for a social media manager to help us implement our clients' strategies. Grow followers, engage and retain them, help convert them into leads, customers, and active fans. You should know best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.Responsibilities:
- Build and/or manage a company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks. Can use photoshop or Canva to create attractive graphics.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success (e.g. Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions, giveaways etc.).
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach target buyers.
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on social media efforts.
- Manage various email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our email sends.
- Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.).
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the productivity of our email sends.
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email.
- BA/BS degree in marketing or equivalent work experience. (I'll provide some light training if need be)
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both the written and verbal form),
- Open minded and flexible with change and new ideas,
- Active or well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Proficiency using marketing software such as Constant Contact or Hootsuite.
- San Diego area only